You want to create a Slope Distance Label in Civil 3D without using an expression.
- Use a Surface Slope Label to create the label.
- Settings > Surface > Label Styles > Slope
- Create a New Label called Slope Distance
- Add a Component named Distance
- Add the Surface Slope Distance under Properties in the Text Component Editor
- A Slope component may already exist in the new label style. Just set the display to False or delete the component.
Now test your Label Style
Create Slope Labels or [One-point/Two-point] <One-point>:
Use the Two-point option