Bill Godette made a custom expression to be used in an alignment label style in Civil 3D. He uses it to “hide” the duplicate labels created when importing an alignment from a LandXML file. Check out his youtube video
Thanks to Christopher Fugitt at Civil 3D Reminders for inspiring Bill.
- Check alignment geometry – enables users to check alignment
geometry for tangency conditions, and automatically fix inconsistencies.
- Show / Hide Labels – enables users to show and hide all Civil 3D labels.
- Surface high / Low points – enables users to automatically generate Civil 3D points at surface high/low points.
- Export Civil Data (to survey formats – RD5 and TP5) – enables
users to export Civil 3D alignments, profiles, and corridors to a TDS
.rd5 roadway file and/or .tp5 template file.
- Import Raw Data (imports Star*Net data) – enables users to import a Star*Net .dat file.
- Create surface from photogrammetric data – provides a simple
import functionality for surface creation from layer based AutoCAD 3D
linework and points (lines, arcs, polylines, and point entities residing
on user selected layers). Additionally, the utility allows users to
append AutoCAD entities to an existing surface.
- 11 Reports – globally beneficial
This description was politely borrowed from the Readme file that comes with this Extension. Thank you Autodesk.
Have you been struggling with geometry edits on alignments trying to make tangents and curves play well together by keeping them tangent? The guessing, the doublechecking, the worries are over. Civil 3d 2012 just made our lives a little easier by letting us know when alignment geometry is not tangent and giving us ways to correct non-tangency fairly easily. (more…)
AdvCivil.com is focused on the Civil Engineering side of Civil 3D. For Survey and Geospatial topics visit AdvSurveying.com/blog. For AutoCAD topics visit AdvCAD.com. For product information, add-ons, and more tips with videos visit AdvSurvey.com